Saturday 23 June 2012

The Chemical Brothers - Push The Button album !!!!!

Push the Button is the fifth studio album by English big beat band The Chemical Brothers, first released in January 2005,The Chemical Brothers are a British electronic music duo composed of Tom Rowlands and Ed Simons 


when i first saw this CD cover the first thing that came to my mind was it looks like a person facing the side with a brain, that was the image that first came to me, but on further analysis there is a strong sense of power and strength. the significant image of a fist shows power and also the tower of bricks with the cracks so that there is allot of strength to break the bricks, the whole front of the cover screams power which I think it really eye catching and grabs your attention for the many different images that has been combined if nothing else. it makes me think that the music will be very upbeat and loud based of the cover. and I think that the cover is an exact reflection of what the music is going to be like, have allot of power to the beat and also with the image of a head coming through it could also be a simple of it being head banging music.

 I think that this album would have been created on Photoshop with the effects of the cracked bricks added in for effect. there is also the use of handmade type which adds even more design and effect to the cover, it shows creativity and this would have all been done on the computer to create the perfect effect. I think that the typography has been used to create the effect of blood flowing through the brain it could be symbolic of the words of the songs flowing through people heads and i think that it is amazing the design has been well thought and to have multiple images in one is even better.

I think that the colours are really good, plain but effective is what i think, the use of only using three colours allows the design to stand out instead of being over powered by colour, the colour complements the design and they fit side by side instead of over powering.

I think that the target audience for the band would be people who like loud music, and want to have a good time. I think that the age group could have quite a big gap, it could start at teenage years for teenagers that like loud music and like to party to older more middled age people who might be older but can still enjoy that genre of  music.

this is the logo of the band and i think that it has a hindo look to it, and although the writing is in English to me i think it looks like the hindo language and the shapes and design of the letters really reflect that and that was my first thought as soon as i saw it.

I like the at work on this album and I really like the two in one images on the cover and the deign i also think that the use of three colours is a very good idea and I think I will be keeping that in mind when i create my album cover and too make sure that the colours are not taking away from the design.

No comments:

Post a Comment