Sunday 24 June 2012

Blur --- The best of album cover !!!!!!

Blur are an English alternative rock band. Formed in London in 1988 as Seymour, the group consists of singer Damon Albarn, guitarist Graham Coxon, bassist Alex James and drummer Dave RowntreeBlur: The Best Of is a greatest hits compilation album by English Britpop band Blur, first released in late 2000 and is the final Blur album by Food Records.


when I first saw this cover, I loved it because the design has been done by using Photoshop to create stencils out of photographs of each of the band members, and the reason that I like this so much is because this design is so universal and goes with almost any theme. I think that the colours are great they are bright so they will stand out on a shelf around all the other music cds, I also like the fact that the cd cover has no typography, because to me this shows that the band are relying on their fans to buy the cd as the cover gives nothing away about the band or even what music they do. so its a bit of a mystery as to what is inside the album. to me the stencil design is what stuck out to me and I don't think that this cover even needs any typography because its amazing by itself and the art work does the selling. I also think that the layout of the cover is very reflective of pop art and that's another factor that I think people will recognise and that's why I think this cover is really cleaver. 
these are the two main logos of the band , and to me the first one seems to reflect the bands name by having blurred coloured lights behind the name, which I think is a really good design idea and it also brings the name to life. and by having colour behind it helps highlight the name even more. the second one is very plain black but I think that it shows the band as the rock side and they don't wan too much fuss with the design, as that would take away from the name, so I think it is really effective as it is simple but stands out and can be seen which I think is really good. 

I think that the target audience for the bands music could be middled aged people to teenagers, rock has such I wide range of fans, and I think it would appeal to people who want up beat music but with a twist and are also looking for different types of rock. 

I like this album cover and I think that I would use the stencil effect on the artist of my own album cover as i think that it works so well and there are so many things that can be done with stencilling and it can be used almost anywhere for every genre of music. so I think I will definitely consider it. 






No comments:

Post a Comment