Saturday 23 June 2012

Beck !! The Information album design....!!!!!!


Beck Hansen (born Bek David Campbell, July 8, 1970) is an American musiciansinger-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist, known by the stage name BeckThe Information is the tenth (and seventh major-label) studio album by American alternative rock musician Beck, released in October 2006 onInterscope Records

when I first saw this album cover I thought it was the worst cover i had ever seen, it had no design and would have been completely plain if it wasn't for the graph paper and the name beck, that is why I thought it was a complete design failure and in fact over looked the album when looking at the albums. it didn't tell me anything about the artist or the type of music and in fact I thought that in a music shop amongst al other albums with big designs it would get easily over looked. although one thing that i did pick up from the album was that the name looks like it has been made out of Lego which I think it amazing and nearly everyone will be able to relate to that design of the Lego so for that part I think it is a really good design. 

this is the inside cover, and this is where your view of the front cover completely changes as you open up the inside the boring and drab design is suddenly explained and becomes one of the most amazing thought up ideas that I haven't ever seen been done before, you realise that the cover is completely plain because the artist has put pages of stickers inside the cover for you to create your own personal design, so you as a fan would have your own unique design, there is an explanation from the artist his self about this never been done before design "The album was issued with a blank sleeve and booklet and one of four different sheets of stickers for fans to make their own album art. Beck explained to Wired magazine he wanted no two copies of the CD cover to be the same: "The artwork is going to be customizable. The idea is to provide something that calls for interactivity."

i think that the target audience would be for maybe more for middle ages people, the reason for this is because the whole of the album design has been created and what seems like little memories of childhood, for example the stickers when the target audience was younger stickers where a big craze and collecting stickers, also the logo effect design almost everyone played with logo and the album is almost like a trip down memory lane even the stickers are of things that would have been popular back then, which I think is an amazing idea. so to me that is how the design is relating to the target audience and also the music by it being unique that could portray that the music is unique I think that with this album everything is connected. 

i think this is my favourt album, it started off as my worst but then suddenly became the best by the hidden wonder inside. I think I will definitely use the interactive part of the design in my own work as I think that is a really good way to make your fan base feel part of the work you do that will be a definite idea that I would consider somehow. 


No comments:

Post a Comment