Wednesday 4 July 2012

vector !!!!!


Miles donovan is well known for his illistartion work, and has many clients around all different parts of the world. this is a vector portrate that he's done, which is part of his many designs and I think that this is really good. 


the reason I wanted to look at this kinda of design and experiments was because iv never done this before and from looking at Miles work I really wanted to try it for myself. the colours are amazing and bright which is the theme for my summer album which makes it even more attractive to me for me to try out. 


this design also reminds me of rock and role, with the spry paint, and the block colours really changes the look of the picture which is amazing. 







this was the artist the I chose to use for my own vector design, the reason I chose Keri Hilson, was because she has allot of songs that have the dance summer feel, and also she represents females and powerful female which is also what I want my album to represent. 


also her picture are most portrate which was very useful when creating my vector, because its easiest to create when the image is in portrate form, and also i want the image to show power and to me this image showed power all over which is what made me want to choose it. 







this was my final vector image, but I didn't follow the exact way to create the vector the reason for this was because I wanted to make my vector a little different and also I had come across problems when trying to complete the vector so I used my knowledge of illustrator to play around and re arrange the steps and make some new ones to get my final completed image.  the first image you can see is the first attempt that went wrong as you can see the vector image has no face and doesn't look clear, but this was an experiment and from this out come i worked out a way i could change it and improve it make it look like a vector.


to get to my final image, I had to put my image into Photoshop and then first change the blur of it with smart blur, I then had to change it so I got an image that had about 3 clear colours in it, that changed the original image to something I could work with to make a vector. what I then had to do was make up separate layers for each colours, once id done that I had to go over every colour with the pen tool and do the same for each layer, once id done that I had to hide the original the image and start to block colour each different layer with a separate colour. then finally show all the layers apart from the background layer to create a vector image, only mind didn't work so well (as shown in the image above) as when id shown all the layer my vector didn't have a face to it, so after rethinking what id done, I then went and tried to also show the background layer and this then helped show the face details, and all I simply had to do was go back and add a few extra unplanned layers such as more detail to the hair to make it look like hair, I also had to add a layer for the eyes and some of the face, it was just a case of keep on adding and checking until id managed to create a vector image that also made sense. 


my best part of this image was adding the background image, that was the part that worked the best because that allowed me to create a successful image, I also really like the block colours and I think that the final outcome worked really well, I also liked the colours, I think they all complement each other and I would use 
this image on my summer album as I think it works really well and complements the theme of my album. 


the things that didn't work so well was the fact that it didn't work well when I first tried to create the image, if I had more time I would keep working on the image and I would also want to add more detail such as spray paint in the background and more detail on the image. but overall I think that it worked really well. and I would definitely use this for my summer album.

No comments:

Post a Comment